Friday, January 29, 2010

Internship 16




This picture shows one of the signs put above the computer on someone's wall. It says "Our job is not to judge if they're right or wrong. Our job is just to lend voice to their stupidity." I took a picture of the sign the first full day of internship that I was here because it's true: The job of a news-writer is to give information about both sides of the story, even if one of the sides is, well, stupid. Since everyone has a different opinion, you can't tell right from wrong in the news business.
This picture may seem myspace-y, but it's on this blog because of the meaning behind it. From the picture you can take that I'm in a car, I'm near some kind of background that is white, like the top of a tall hill or an ocean (it's the ocean, by the way). Judging from the water on the car window it's raining (which it was), and the camera I'm holding is a Canon Rebel EOS, which was probably the most important resource to have in my time as an intern at the La Jolla Light.
This picture was taken about halfway through my time as an intern. I was out on an adventure to take pictures of the ocean, rough by the storm that La Jolla was caught in. Very often I'd be told to go out and take photos of an event, place or thing, or go out on my own and take pictures which could be used in the newspaper/website.

(taken with a camera phone)
This picture shows my target audience: the entirety of La Jolla (even though this is only 1/2 of La Jolla pictured, I couldn't exactly fit all of La Jolla into one camera phone shot). Taken from Mount Soledad, a high point in La Jolla. The picture is 1/2 of La Jolla, some of other parts of San Diego, too. Since the La Jolla Light is merged with San Diego Suburban News (?) it also applies to the rest of San Diego County.

No comments:

Post a Comment