Friday, January 22, 2010

Internship 11

Summary
This past week has been quite a crazy one, I guess you could say. Things were different every day. Some days I'd stay in the office and work on the La Jolla Visitor Guide website, while other days I'd step into the office and be sent to photograph an event at UC San Diego.

High!lights
On occasion, I would be told that something big or crazy had happened, and I needed to go to the site and take pictures. That was pretty exciting. One day, while it was raining, a king palm fell on one of the busiest streets in La Jolla Village. Out of nowhere they told me to get my camera and drive over there and take pictures. "This is what we call breaking news," Says my mentor. An hour later, the pictures that I took are on the website for all to see. Awesome!

Not to mention, it's pretty awesome seeing my name under pictures in the stories in the newspaper and website.

Low?Lights
Somedays, it'd feel like I was just in the way, as if my mentor didn't know what to do with me. She'd sound annoyed at me when I asked what I should do, or when I asked questions on how to do certain things. Can't say that was too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment